Permissions on Ideas Level (Assignees vs. Visible to)
In Ideas, you have an option to choose an assignee for the created idea and the people to whom this idea will be visible.
An assignee is a person who will be responsible for working with this idea and for the result coming out from it.
People to whom this idea will be visible can view your idea but cannot change it.
How to create these permissions?
To create them, follow these steps:
- Click on Ideas in the main menu on the left side.
- Click on the chosen idea.
- A pop-up will appear from the right side of the screen. At the bottom left corner of the pop-up window click on edit.
- A new pop-up with the two sections will appear.
- In the first section, you can see people who have been assigned as responsible for fulling the idea. You can add a new assignee by entering the assignee’s email or name.
- In the second section, you can choose to whom this idea is visible – to all people or just to a specific member by entering the viewer’s email or name.
- Once you are happy with the new changes, click on Save.